Monday, December 5, 2011

First Post!

Welcome. Thank you for taking the time to find me, and to see what is cooking up in our kitchen. I say "our," because all the food is consumed by my boyfriend Kody. I first want to make it clear that I am far from "professional." I have never gone to school for cooking, nor taken any professional classes. I grew up in a family where both sides, and every generation cooked, and enjoyed every bit of it. So needless to say I was born in the kitchen. Although, I never discovered I had a passion for not only cooking, but the whole aspect of food all together, until I was in high school.
Not until the last seven or so years have I based nearly everyday on food and cooking. I've worked in a wide variety of places all food focused to some extent. It was always my goal to figure out how everything was done. Even though I was only a waitress. I wanted to take in every ounce of information I could on everything I personally enjoyed. Ive worked from authentic Thai restaurants to, catering, coffeehouses, bento shops, and to fine dinning Italian restaurants. Ive recently began to work at a French bistro here down town. French is a cuisine I'm hardly familiar with. To be honest was always a little afraid. But never had reason to go for it.... until this place opened up a few years back.
I base nearly every day around food, constantly thinking of food, what is for dinner, how will I make dinner, how can I make it unique? All day long these questions go off in my head over and over.  I google ideas, I follow bloggers, I am always flipping on the Food Network, and opening magazines and cook books. Not really for the recipe, but more so for the jolt of inspiration. Needless to say,  I clearly am obsessed . Surprisingly I am a picky eater, but perhaps not as picky as you'd think. You will see what I mean if you keep up, as I will suggest what some would prefer, rather then my very own opinion. My whole idea of this blog is to share all of my most successful attempts and recipes that I am proud of. Some are borrowed, some are creations, while others are just my attempt at replicating a dish I maybe had seen on a menu, or enjoyed somewhere. I want to dedicate this place to anyone who looks for a little inspiration, to anyone who is afraid to take a stab at cooking something new, and to my dear friend Nader, and both of my grandmothers who always took the time to teach me what I wanted to know.
My idea is, Simple steps, fresh ingredients, and balanced flavor.
Thanks Again!

No comments:

Post a Comment